Is It a Good Idea to Install the iOS 16 Beta?
Apple Inc has announced the development of iOS 16 and most iPhone users can’t wait for the launch date. If you are one of them, we have great news – today you can download and install the beta version of iOS 16. Keep in mind, however, that it may contain bugs like most such betas.
There are some new features that the beta version of iOS 16 has pleased users with:
- A new lock screen with new fonts.
- Spotlight with integrated Live Text allows users to search for files, apps or documents using keywords.
- The ability to enable or disable vibration when typing has been added.
- iMessage has the option to delete messages from all users who are in a chat. This can be done within 15 minutes after sending.
- Using your iPhone as a terminal for paying for goods or services has become available for businesses.
- There is an opportunity to translate the text placed on the images. This works with the Live Text function.
As you can see, the new version iOS 16 has many changes and improvements that will appeal to users. The current beta version is intended to test them in action. Every new update right up to the official release will fix bugs and improve the system, so be prepared for the fact that you will have to update your beta more than once.
Can I Download and Install iOS 16 on My iPhone?
You certainly can, however, provided that you use the iPhone 8 or all subsequent versions. According to Apple’s announcements, the beta version of iOS 16 is only available for the following iPhone users:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- iPhone 13 Pro.
- iPhone 13.
- iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- iPhone 12 Pro.
- iPhone 12.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- iPhone 11 Pro.
- iPhone 11.
- iPhone XS Max.
- iPhone XS.
- iPhone X.
- iPhone XR.
- iPhone 8 Plus.
- iPhone 8.
If you are a user of an older version of the iPhone, you should wait for the official release date of the operating system to update iOS. You can find out about the release date of iOS 16 from official sources.
How to Install iOS 16 Beta on iPhone/iPad
If you would like to install the beta version of iOS 16, you can use two methods:
- Using the iOS 16 beta profile. This is a completely free method. To take advantage of this free technique, follow the instructions below:
- Install the iOS 16 beta profile. An important prerequisite is to open the link through the Safari browser.
- You should be prompted to allow access to the Settings menu. Click “Allow” to continue.
- Then use the “Downloaded Profile” function, and you will be redirected to the “Install Profile” page.
- Find the “Install” icon and click on it.
- After following all the instructions, you will need to enter your password in order to download the iOS 16 beta profile.
- Sign up for the Apple Developer Program. There is a fee for this method.
You can install the iOS 16 beta profile if you are willing to pay $99. Use the following guide to do so:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone to download and install the developer app.
- Go to the app, tap Account > Sign Up Now. Sign in using your Apple ID.
- Click “Continue” and enter all necessary information.
- Pay the $99 fee to sign up for the Apple Developer program.
- Then go to Apple Developer and sign in with your Apple ID.
- The iOS 16 beta profile will now appear on your screen for download. Click “Install Profile” to start the download.
iOS Beta 16: Known Bugs and Workarounds
The beta version of iOS 16 is relatively new, so the number of known bugs and glitches is not very high at the moment. But this is a pre-released version of the software, and problems with the system can occur at any time, causing harm to users. The most common issues associated with the iOS 16 beta version include:
- Malfunction of settings and features
Many features and settings don’t work properly after some users installed the iOS 16 beta. Problems noted include failure of AirDrop, accidental forced shutdowns of the app or issues with closing browser tabs. Furthermore, some users are noticing problems when trying to save documents or images online. A soft reset may solve the above problems.
- Low performance
The beta version can slow down the system during the performance of various features of the device, such as navigating to the home screen, opening applications, etc. Therefore, you should use programs such as Dr. Fone-System Repair to improve performance.
- Data loss
In some cases, such as resetting the software to the original version, data loss may occur. The correct solution here is to back up the content before downloading the beta version and restore it after use.
How to Protect Your Device When Installing the Beta Version of iOS 16
Like any other iOS beta, the iOS 16 beta has its own set of inherent risks. However, there are some precautions you can take to protect your iPhone:
- Back up your iPhone before installing the iOS beta profile.
- Try using the beta profile on a different iPhone than your primary device.
More details about the latest iOS 16 beta can be found in this article.