Task Manager, The task manager is an element of Microsoft Windows. The task manager has to tell us, how many computer applications are flowing in our operating system. Simply, it tells the current status of the system.
In Windows operating systems, it is a built-in system utility that allows users to monitor and manage running processes. It helps us to check on our system in case of any damage or any issue arising in our system.
Functions of Task Manager
The task manager performs different functions depending on the situation. Once you’ve opened the task manager, you can use it to view a list of all the processes that are currently running on your computer. It also tells how much memory or space is using current running applications.
It is also allows you to close processes, change the priority of processes, and start and stop services. suppose, if you want to change the sequence of processes you can easily change it by using it.
The Task Manager has several tabs that provide different information about your computer’s performance and also perform different functions. We’ll discuss these tabs in detail.
The Processes Tab
The process tab shows a list of all the processes that are currently rushing on your computer. You can add changes or modify here just like you can sort the list by name, memory usage, CPU usage, or disk usage.
You can perform certain functions by using the Processes tab:
- Terminate a process: If a process is using up too many resources, you can terminate it by right-clicking on the process and selecting End Process.
- Change the priority of a process: If a process is important, you can change its priority so that it gets more CPU time. Press on the process and select “Set Priority” if you want to do.
- View the details of a process: If you want to see more information about a process, you can right-click on the process and select Go to details. This will open the Details tab in Task Manager, which shows more detailed information about the process, such as the modules that the process is using and the threads that the process is running.
The Processes tab is a powerful tool that can help you to troubleshoot problems with your computer and to optimize your computer’s performance. Such as, if you are facing slow performance, you can use the Processes tab to check which processes are using up the most resources.
You can then terminate or change the priority of these processes to improve your computer’s performance
The Performance Tab
It shows a graph of your computer’s CPU, memory, and disk usage. It also tells us how much one process is taking time from the CPU.
- CPU Usage: A graph of your computer’s CPU usage. The graph shows the percentage of CPU time that each core is currently using.
- Memory Usage: A graph of your computer’s memory usage. The graph shows the amount of memory that is currently being used by your computer.
- Disk Activity: A graph of your computer’s disk activity. The graph shows the amount of disk I/O that is currently happening on your computer.
- Network Activity: A graph of your computer’s network activity. The graph shows the amount of network traffic that is currently happening on your computer.
- Processes: A list of all the processes that are currently running on your computer. The list shows the percentage of CPU time that each process is currently using
The App History tab
It is basically related to the history of applications. It shows a list of all the applications that you have opened recently. You can use this app to check how much memory is used by the application.
The Startup tab
It shows a list of all the programs that are set to start automatically when you boot your computer. You can use this tab to disable programs that you don’t want to start automatically. This tab is very useful in case you want to terminate any program.
How to open Task Manager?
There are multiple ways to open a task manager. Following are some ways to open it on your windows.
- Press ‘ctrl + shift + Esc’ on the given keyboard you are having
- The easiest way to open the bar menu is by clicking right and then selecting task manager.
Q: Availability of Task Manager
Task Manager is available on all versions of Windows, including Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, proving itself useful. It is also available on Server versions of the Windows operating system.
Q: The task manager is not opening
If you are unable to open Task Manager, it may be because it is being blocked by a virus or malware. In this case, you can try to run this tool in Safe Mode. Turn off the system and then restart run anti-virus. If still not working then visit Microsoft Office.
Q: Task manager mean?
Task manager is a system tool that is available on the window. It helps us to monitor and manage the running process of applications on the device.
Q: How to open a task manager?
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Click and hold Ctrl + Alt + Delete and Task Manager.
The Task Manager is a powerful tool that can help you to troubleshoot problems with your computer and to optimize your computer’s performance. For example, if you look at that performance is very slow. you can use this tool to identify which processes are using up the most resources.